PCCW’s Advertising & Interactive Services (A&IS) offers a wide range of multimedia advertising solutions, including print, TV, Internet, mobile and eye Multimedia Service, for both corporate and SME clients. Its business activities include:
- Broadcast and sponsorship advertising;
- Sponsored segment programming;
- Interactive advertising and sales transaction facilities, e.g. securities trading;
- Various directory platforms, such as print yellow pages (yp), Internet yellow pages, Mobile yellow pages, yp Channel 502 on now TV, White Pages, Fax Directory, etc.;
- TV purchasing facility for product ordering and delivery, e.g. gourmet delivery;
- Resale of keywords and banners on major websites.
A&IS leverages PCCW's quadruple-play platforms to provide corporate clients with a wide range of multimedia advertising solutions. It comprises three areas:
- Corporate Advertising Solutions, which deals with now TV's self-developed channels such as now NEWS, now Today and now SPORTS channels, as well as partner channels such as STAR, Mei Ah, AXN, Animax, ESPN STAR Sports, Discovery and others;
- SME Advertising Solutions, which mainly deals with the yellow pages brand, and serves as a major reseller for Internet partners such as Yahoo, Baidu and Ming Pao;
- Overseas Business Development, which pursues business opportunities outside the domestic market.
1. now TV
- Broadcast advertising solutions, such as 30-second TV commercials and sponsorships;
- Sponsored segments for now TV programs;
- Interactive ads to facilitate lead generation, such as information- and game-based ads;
- Transaction-based services from content partners, such as food delivery, holiday tours and stock trading - all under the aegis of the now shop brand;
- yellow pages also runs an internationally award-winning yp 502 e-zine catalogue channel on now TV specifically targeted at SMEs and the property sector.
2. Mobile phones
- Banner advertising on Mobile yellow pages, a powerful search utility accessible via any mobile operator in Hong Kong;
- A web-based SMS tool on ypsms.com.hk, which enables clients to promote their products or services through SMS advertising direct to mobile phones;
- Multi-channel advertising, whereby now TV ads can also be delivered to PCCW mobile subscribers.
3. Internet and eye Multimedia Service
- Banner advertising, directory listings, and search marketing solutions on the yp.com.hk portal and other partner sites (the yp.com.hk portal records an average of 500,000 unique visitors every month);
- Design and hosting of websites for advertisers;
- General advice to SMEs on Internet advertising;
- Advertising campaigns across a broad range of channels, such as print, Internet, eye Multimedia Service, mobile, and TV.
- Sale, production and distribution of a wide range of business and consumer directories, mostly available in both Chinese and English versions.
- Sale of self-built advertising platforms to third parties such as Telekom Malaysia Info-media and Directories Philippines Corporation; any partnership involving such platforms