To work closely with Data Scientists in an innovative and dynamic telecommunications company, to derive business insights from Big Data for business growth.
The role involves leveraging data, both currently available Big Data and various external data sources, to develop a deep, while actionable, understanding of how customer data can be used to support the existing and new Lines of Business. The Team focuses on emerging opportunities by drawing in new data sources, combining them with existing customer data preferences and using that combined data to derive new insights into consumers' attitudes, interests, life stages and behavior. The analysis also requires clear understanding of our businesses, requiring propensity modeling outputs, and various advanced analytics and data mining techniques, to derive meaningful patterns, distributions, or reports for commercial actions.
Candidate with more experience will be considered as Associate Data Scientist.
• Work with complex and large global data sets
• Apply advanced analytical methods to solve difficult and non-routine business problems
• Assist Data Scientists in building machine learning models
• Gather data from multiple sources and extract business insights
• Work closely with cross-function teams to achieve end-to-end data driven solutions
• Data visualization using different reporting software, such as Tableau and Qlik
• Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, and industrial engineering)
• Experience in working with Big Data and deriving analytical findings and insights for a variety of audiences is an advantage
• Must be proficient in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, C++, etc.)
• A fast learner to learn new technology from research papers
• Experience in working with Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop and Spark) is definitely a plus
• Effective communication skill to understand business challenges and requirements while clearly elaborate the data analysis and mining tactic to help the business
• Ability to use common sense to think independently and think out of the box, strong problem solving and analytical capabilities combined with critical thinking and research capability
• Ability to work in a time critical environment and to meet deadlines
If you wish to have an exciting and rewarding career, send us your CV via the following methods.