HONG KONG, August 13, 2010 - PCCW Limited today reported the interim results for the six months ended June 30, 2010. Some key figures are as follows:
- Consolidated profit attributable to equity holders of the Company increased by 17% to HK$765 million. Basic earnings per share amounted to 11.30 HK cents
- Core revenue increased by 3% to HK$10,732 million; consolidated revenue including PCPD was HK$11,802 million
- Core EBITDA increased by 3% to HK$3,369 million; consolidated EBITDA including PCPD increased by 4% to HK$3,722 million
- Declare interim dividend of 5.10 HK cents per share
PCCW's core business delivered a solid financial performance in the first half of 2010, with core revenue and core EBITDA registering satisfactory growth on the resilient results a year earlier. Increases in revenue in all core segments contributed to an overall 3% year-on-year increase in core revenue to HK$10,732 million for the six months ended June 30, 2010, while core EBITDA also increased by 3% year-on-year to HK$3,369 million.
PCPD revenue was HK$1,070 million, compared with HK$2,306 million a year earlier when the sales revenue of a higher number of Bel-Air units was recognized. Consolidated revenue including PCPD was HK$11,802 million.
PCCW Group Managing Director, Mr. Alex Arena, said the satisfactory first-half results demonstrated the Group's ability to operate effectively and efficiently at a time when the economy was still on its way to full recovery.
"As the sector's premier operator, PCCW will continue to focus on innovation, quality and providing value to our customers. This approach has been successful in difficult market conditions and it should continue to be successful should market conditions continue to improve as expected in the second half of 2010," he said.
For further details of the 2010 interim results, please refer to the announcement that has been filed with the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
* Note: Core revenue refers to consolidated revenue excluding Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited ("PCPD"), the Group's property development and investment business; core EBITDA refers to consolidated EBITDA excluding PCPD.
2010 Interim Results Presentation [pdf - 3MB]
About PCCW Limited
PCCW Limited (SEHK:0008) is the holding company of HKT Group Holdings Limited (HKT), Hong Kong's premier telecommunications provider and a world-class player in Information and Communications Technologies. PCCW also holds a majority interest in Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited, and overseas investments including the wholly-owned UK Broadband Limited.
As the provider of Hong Kong's first quadruple-play experience, PCCW/HKT offers a range of innovative media content and services across four platforms - fixed-line, broadband Internet access, TV and mobile. In addition, the Group meets the sophisticated needs of the local and international business community, while supporting network operators with cutting-edge technical services and handling large-scale IT outsourcing projects for public and private sector organizations. To learn more about PCCW and HKT, please visit www.pccw.com.
|For media inquiries, please call:||For investor inquiries, please call:|
Tel: +852 2888 6320
C F Tsang
Tel: +852 2514 5084
Tel: +852 2883 6603